Thursday, November 27

It's Thanksgiving!!

You know what that means? It means Christmas is just around the corner!!! Yea!!!! I'm so excited.

Now, far be it for me to downsize the Thanksgiving Holiday. And it's not that I'm not thankful. I am. I have lots and lots to be thankful for. It's just that Christmas thrills me. Like way down deep inside. I love the Christmas spirit.

Christmas is the one season of the year that is focused on Jesus. I know, there are many out there who would argue that "they're trying to take Christ out of Christmas". But whatever with their negative outlook. So what if "they" are? Whoever "they" is!!

"They" cannot take away the Christmas spirit. You know, that feeling you get when you watch a family who is down and out get blessed. That feeling when you walk in a room decked out with Christmas decorations. That feeling when the family sits down to read the Christmas story. And what about the feeling when you think about Santa and what he represents? (no, we don't believe Santa is real, but in my opinion Santa is a real part of Christmas!!) And of course there's the feelings that come with having the family home, together in one place. There are so many things to be thankful for during the Christmas season.

So, for me, Christ will never be taken out of Christmas. He is Christmas. Without Jesus, it's just another day, just another gift.

What's one of your favorite "feelings" at Christmas?



Here's another one of mine. I love to spend Christmas at the lake. I always hope to be snowed in the day after we arrive and then let it be melted off by the time we leave!! :-) All the Christmas lights sparkling off the water. The snow glistening. Fireplace glowing. Ahhhhh...what a lovely time of year....