Tuesday, July 14

Sabbatical

Monday begins a 3 week sabbatical for my husband and I. Patrick will still be working his secular job for the first 2 weeks, then the 3rd week he'll take vacation time and be off from both jobs!! But for me, I will be completely disconnected from the church for 3 weeks. No phone calls, no texts, no emails. Whatever will I do???

Honestly, (even though I was being a little smart mouthed about it) the closer it gets to Monday the higher my stress level is getting. I feel like I have to get everything done and I know not everything is going to get done and things are going to be happening while I'm gone and what if the staff can't handle it, and what if the sky turns green, and what if someone has drama and I'm not there to answer their questions, and what if new visitors come to the church while we're gone, and what if............

I think you get my point, all the drama that envelopes me is going to go away, starting Monday. I'm so used to it being there, I'm not sure what it will feel like not having it there.

Now on the other hand...I am very much looking forward to down time for some reading I haven't been able to do. There's one book specifically I have wanted to read and thanks to Gigi, I will be getting to it starting Monday. I have intentionally not read it while I've been so busy because I want to be able to absorb what it is going to speak to my heart. I am anxious to hear God's words through whatever venue he wants to use!!

This sabbatical is the strangest thing I've ever done, but I know God is going to speak to Patrick and me and I am chomping at the bits to hear from Him!!