Tuesday, July 28

Phone Meeting with Mark Batterson

Patrick and I just finished a phone meeting with Mark Batterson. It was a little awkward since we've never met, but after getting past the weirdness it was very good conversation. Patrick is writing a book and Mark is already published, so Patrick asked some questions there and got some really good info. We also had a bit of time to talk about leadership skills, sabbaticals, and then touched briefly on multi-sites there in Washington, D.C.

I like the flow of information that God is giving me during this sabbatical. Just enough to keep me digging in, but not so much that I'm overwhelmed and can't see the forest through the trees. Also I finished reading The Shack, it too was thought provoking. Gives you the opportunity to really grab hold of God and who He is!