Saturday, April 11

Update on better health

After meeting my goal of 21 days of consistency, I haven't been so consistent!! That stinks doesn't it??

I have recently come to the conclusion I need another goal. My 2nd short term goal hasn't worked out so well either considering I'm losing weight very, very slowly. Turns out my short term goal of getting under 300 pds is going to take a lot longer than I thought it was. But the good news is...I'm actually losing weight and not gaining!! Yea for me!! :-)

I have gained in other areas though, and I am very pleased about that. I am definitely getting stronger. Today during my workout I even upped (is that a word?) the weight on several different exercises AND I burned 1400 calories today. I have been burning around 1200-1300 so that was a change as well. Of course the reason I'm burning more calories during my workout is because I'm keeping my heart rate closer to the target rate of 85%. One time a few days ago, I even hit 88%! That was a first and caused me to do a double take!! LOL

Even though it's not showing up on those stupid scales or in my clothes, I know I'm making progress and I choose to continue on my journey toward better health. I am very happy with this new direction and see no reason to go back to my old ways.

So, Here's to me! Keep on keeping on!! My new goal is to burn 1400 calories during my workouts for at least 2 weeks. I'll let you know what happens!!